- 2-6 Bone Prime Rib Boned and Tied
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic Sliced or Minced
Prime Rib Rub
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- Let prime rib sit room temperature for 4 hours.
- Few minutes before cooking, bone and tie the meat (optional)
- Cut 1/2" slits on top of roast, put in garlic.
- Rub roast with olive oil.
- Combine rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Spread on roast.
- Let rest and have oven heat up to 500 degrees F.
- Put roast in roasting pan bone side down.
- Insert thermometer in the center of roast, place in oven.
- Cooking time, 5 minutes per pound.
- After cooking time is up, turn the oven off but DON'T OPEN THE DOOR.
- After 2 hours roast will be 135 degrees F, and medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.