These are perfect for the holidays. Sweet treats other than candy like this Cream Cheese Danish Braid Recipe is the way to go!
Be sure to sign up for my email to get new recipes, crafts and home ideas in your inbox, plus access to our free printable vault! *This post contains affiliate links*
Cream Cheese Braid Bread
Let us know what you think of this recipe. Check out more on our blog!
Cream Cheese Danish Braid Recipe
Cream Cheese Braid Dough Ingredients
- 8 Oz Commercial Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Tbsp Quick Rise Yeast
- 4 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 16 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
Bread Dough Instructions Part 1
- Combine; Sour Cream, Sugar, Butter, Salt, and Water in glass bowl.
- Microwave glass bowl combination till warm, hot about 1 Minutes.
- Beat egg into warm mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and yeast.
- Combine both bowls and mix by hand.
- Leave in bowl, cover with light towel for 30 minutes.
- The dough should rise about double its original size.
- You can put the bowl in a warm oven about 200 degrees so it rises faster.
- Combine; Cream Cheese, Sugar, Eggs, Salt, and Vanilla in a bowl while bread is rising.
- Mix together in electric mixer.
Dough Instructions Part 2
- Take risen dough out of bowl. Use some flour to roll the dough out of the bowl
- Divide dough into 3-4 balls and roll out into oval shape.
- Spread 1/2 Cup filling on oval bread, tuck sides of bread around the filling to cover the filing.
- Tuck ends and lay on a greased cookie sheet
- Pat down air bubbles, slit top.
- Let rise 15 minutes in oven at 150 degrees.
- Once risen, bake at 375 for 20 minutes with a little bowl of water underneath.
- Add tinfoil on top and bake for another 10 minutes. They should get golden on top then you are done!
Cream Cheese Bread Puff Pastry
Follow us on our socials for updates!