These are perfect for the holidays. Sweet treats other than candy like this Cream Cheese Danish Braid Recipe is the way to go!
Be sure to sign up for my email to get new recipes, crafts and home ideas in your inbox, plus access to our free printable vault! *This post contains affiliate links*
Cream Cheese Braid Bread
Let us know what you think of this recipe. Check out more on our blog!
Cream Cheese Danish Braid Recipe
Cream Cheese Braid Dough Ingredients
- 8 Oz Commercial Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Tbsp Quick Rise Yeast
- 4 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 16 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
Bread Dough Instructions Part 1
- Combine; Sour Cream, Sugar, Butter, Salt, and Water in glass bowl.Microwave glass bowl combination till warm, hot about 1 Minutes.Beat egg into warm mixture.In a separate bowl, add flour and yeast.Combine both bowls and mix by hand.Leave in bowl, cover with light towel for 30 minutes.
- Microwave glass bowl combination till warm, hot about 1 Minutes.
- Beat egg into warm mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and yeast.
- Combine both bowls and mix by hand.
- Leave in bowl, cover with light towel for 30 minutes.
- Combine; Cream Cheese, Sugar, Eggs, Salt, and Vanilla in a bowl while bread is rising.
- Mix together in electric mixer.
Dough Instructions Part 2
- Take risen dough out of bowl.
- Divide dough into 3-4 balls and roll out into oval shape.
- Spread 1/2 Cup filling on oval bread, tuck sides of bread around the filling to cover the filing.
- Tuck ends and lay on a greased cookie sheet
- Pat down air bubbles, slit top.
- Let raise 15 minutes in oven at 150 degrees.
Cream Cheese Bread Puff Pastry
Follow us on our socials for updates!