How To Make Basic Scone recipe is so simple and yummy. You can add any flavor, berries and nuts you love to this basic recipe. We love using our fresh fruit that we have around but seasonal flavors like cinnamon and pumpkin are so so delicious.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter Cut
- 2/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- Cranberries, Almonds, Cherry, Pears Optional
- Preheat oven to 425. Grease cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is course crumbs
- Beat buttermilk and egg in small bowl. Pour onto dry ingredients and stir with fork until mixture comes together.
- On floured surface knead dough 5-6 times. Transfer to cookie sheet.
- With floured hands, pat into 8 inch circle. If you are adding an optional ingredient put it on the top of your scones.
- Cut into 8 wedges.(Do not separate)
- Bake 14-16 minutes.