Mint Chocolate Chip Marshmallow are so soft and minty. They are great for gift baskets and just enjoying yourself.
Mint Chocolate Chip Marshmallow
- 3 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 7 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract or paste
- Green food coloring
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips reserve 1 Tbsp
- Sift together the powdered sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Add 1 tsp of the powdered sugar mixture to the 9x13 and move around until sides and bottom are coated. Put aside.
- In your large bowl add 1/2 cup water and sprinkle on the gelatin. Let that sit for 10 minutes.
- While that is sitting, in a saucepan with a candy thermometer combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt and the last 1/4 cup of water. Heat it until the sugar has dissolved on medium heat.
- Turn up to medium high heat and bring to hard boil for 1 minute, and once thermometer reaches 240F degrees.
- In the bowl of gelatin and whisk, slowly add the boiling mixture. Turn the mixer on high for 5 minutes.
- Stop and add about 10 drops of the green or until it is mint green in color.
- Start mixing again for another 3 minutes or until there is stiff peaks.
- Add the peppermint and vanilla. Mix another minute. Fold in your mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth. Sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let it sit for 3-4 hours. Take a knife around the edges then invert onto cutting board.
- Cut the marshmallows in 2 inch squares. Enjoy.