Casseroles are great for a solid meal. We love fresh homemade meals in our home and this delicious meal is one for the books! How To Make Green Bean Casserole recipe for all you friends and family.
From Scratch Green Bean Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
- 4 Cups Green Beans (ends trimmed, long ones cut in half)
- 1 Can Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 (4 oz) Package White Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 (6 oz) Can French's Fried Onions (divided)
- Place green beans and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Add just enough water to cover green beans. Bring to a boil and simmer 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix together mushrooms, green beans, condensed mushroom soup, milk, cheddar, 1/2 cup of the French-fried onions, and soy sauce, and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, Top with remaining onions.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.