These cupcakes are very unique but delicious. Vanilla Lavender Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting for parties and dessert.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
Vanilla Lavender Cupcakes Filled with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 2 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean seeds scraped out
- 1 Cup Butter Room Temperature
- 4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tsp Lavender Extract Food Grade
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Lemons Zest
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Cubed
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line cupcake pan
- Medium bowl whisk, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In small bowl, whisk milk, vanilla paste, and vanilla beans.
- In electric mixer, cream butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes. Until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs in one at a time.
- Then with mixer on low speed, alternate with flour mixture and milk vanilla mixture. Ending with flour.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Place butter in bowl and whip for 2 minutes.
- Add lavender, mix for 1 minute.
- Slowly add confectioners sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Zest 3 lemons.
- In saucepan whisk together eggs and sugar until pale.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and zest. Combine and then add butter.
- Place over medium heat, stir constantly until it thickens.
- Pour through fine strainer.
- Cup out small center in cupcakes and pour in your filling then frost.