A traditional Creme Brûlée perfect for a holiday dessert. This is How to Make Creme Brulee.
- 4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 7 Egg Yolks
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk the egg, egg yolks, and sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Scald the cream in a saucepan. It should be hot but not boiling.
- Slowly pour in the cream to the egg mixture. Do this slowly to not cook the eggs. Pour the mixture into 8 oz ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a large baking sheet. Pour water into the baking sheet so it is about half way up on the ramekins.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove them and refrigerate them until cooled, takes about 2+ hours.
- Pour a thin layer of sugar overtop, then caramelize the sugar.