We use Poppy Seed Cakes a lot for weddings and birthdays around here. They are simple and delicious, especially for a crowd. Here is How To Make A Poppy Seed Cake recipe, I hope you enjoy!
Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 Box Almond Seed Cake Mix
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 2 1/4 cups Water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven 350 degrees F
- Line cake pans with parchment paper* and grease
- Mix the white cake mix, water, oil, and eggs for 2 minutes
- Add poppy seed cake mix into the white and stir until combined** Pour into pans and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cakes completely cool before frosting
- *Line pans with parchment paper or wax paper and grease sides of pan for perfection. This releases the cake from the pan without scraping it. **Mix just until combined. Do not want to over mix
- For Frosting pour 32 oz. whipping cream in bowl
- Add vanilla extract to taste
- Whip until stiff peaks are formed. You can create a filling if you'd like. I just use the frosting as a filling too. To get all 4 layers, you will need to cut the 2, 10" cakes in half.
Leave a Reply