With farmhouse decor and cotton ball wreaths being on trend right now I thought I’d create this DIY Cotton Ball Wreath/ Easy Holiday Craft tutorial to show you how fun and easy it is and how you can personalize them to fit your style and any holiday decor. Let’s get started. Oh and We have a bunch of DIY crafts that other bloggers are sharing as well so scroll to the bottom of this post for these holiday crafts.
DIY Cotton Ball Wreath/Easy Holiday Craft
Materials: Wreath Making Supplies
This video goes over how easy it is to make a real cotton ball wreath for any holiday or seasonal decor
How To Make A Cotton Ball Wreath Directions
- Start with your foam wreath base in any size. there are super small to large sizes available.
- Plug in your glue gun. We use a commercial hot glue gun for most of our crafts but a small glue gun with gorilla glue will work great for this cotton ball wreath tutorial
- Add cotton balls one at a time to your foam base. Just one little dab of hot glue per ball. Layer your cotton balls till it’s filled and no more gaps show. We bought one bag of cotton balls and used about half the bag.
- Finish off with a ribbon bow or bottle brush trees like we did.
- You can personalize by adding a wood sign, hearts, ornaments or anything else that is cute.
- Hang on your front door, wall or mantle for a cute farmhouse touch
Since we’re getting into the Christmas spirit, check out these Christmas tree cupcakes we made last year. They are so fun and the kids love to make them!
Other Easy Cotton Ball Wreath Ideas
- You can dye your cotton balls by spraying with colored hair spray. you know the kind for making unicorn hair and such?
- You can make a Cotton Stem Wreath instead or purchase one because you may not have time to make all the things you think you will.
I created a roundup of wreaths and other Christmas decor that are super cute. we also have out handmade linen Christmas stockings available here.
DIY Cotton Ball Wreath
Welcome to the first week of the Seasonal Simplicity Christmas Series! Today a group of my blogging friends and I are sharing our Christmas DIY craft projects to help inspire you for the upcoming holiday season. Click on the links below each image to be taken directly to my friends’ posts!
DIY Hydrangea Christmas Wreath at Two Twenty One
Chunky Knit Vase DIY at Craftberry Bush
Holiday Place Card Wreaths with Printable Tags at Tatertots and Jello
Easy Christmas Star Garland Gift Topper at The Handmade Home
Pretty Life with a DIY Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Forest
DIY Cotton Ball Wreath at Hallstrom Home
DIY Faux Etched Christmas Mirror at Confessions of a Serial DIYer
Happy Happy Nester with DIY Christmas Book Craft Project
DIY Christmas Place Setting Name Tag at She Gave it a Go
Elegant DIY Dollar Tree Christmas Village at The DIY Mommy
Zevy Joy with DIY Safety Pin Christmas Angels
DIY Wooden Advent Calendar at Jenna Kate at Home
DIY Holiday Gift Wrap at My Sweet Savannah
How to Make a Modern Christmas Wreath at Cherished Bliss
DIY Giant Pine Wreath at Love Create Celebrate
Paint by Numbers Printable Christmas at Rambling Renovators
DIY Winter Wreath at The Turquoise Home
Christmas Art Work at Life is a Party
Dollar Tree Rustic Glam Christmas Wreath at All Things With Purpose
DIY Vintage Whitewashed Nutcracker at Rooms FOR Rent
DIY Drum Tree Collar at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Line Art Christmas Tree DIY Acrylic Sign at Lemon Thistle
Snowball Cookies in a Jar at Clean & Scentsible
DIY Pink Ombre Ornament Wreath at We’re the Joneses