Perfect for topping potatoes, meats, rice, and all your veggies. My family loves adding gravy to our dinner meals and this Turkey Gravy Recipe From Scratch is the best!
- 4 Cups Turkey Drippings (Or turkey/chicken stock)
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- If using turkey drippings, pour cooking liquids from your roasting pan through a strainer and into a container to cool. Note: if you don't have enough drippings to amount to 4 cups, add water or turkey stock. If you're not using turkey drippings, just use turkey stock.
- Melt 1 stick butter in a medium pan over medium-low heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Once melted, add in flour and whisk constantly so it toasts and combines with the butter
- Continue whisking your roux until you've got a smooth, paste-like mixture.
- Slowly pour in your turkey drippings or turkey stock, stirring all the while.
- Cook gravy for another 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve immediately or keep on very low heat until ready to serve.
Be sure to Check our our Homemade Chipotle Rice Bowl for more!