Amazing Carrot Cupcakes with Sweet Orange Frosting
In my family we are always baking. We love to try out all the different recipes we have! I thought I would share with you, one of the family favorites. Here is our Amazing Carrot Cupcakes with Sweet Orange Frosting.
Okay you guys seriously, do you remember being a little kid and thinking how gross carrot cake was? I’m pretty sure grandmas only ate it, until now. My little kids actually like this recipe, I am not sure maybe it’s the frosting? I will admit I’m a sugar addict. So guaranteed I will be eating these even when I am a grandma and I’m going to convince my grand-kids, that these are the most Amazing Carrot Cupcakes with Sweet Orange Frosting ever!
I’m happy to report that Daisy did not get my cupcakes this time. Many of you probably remember that she ate my cupcakes from my last post, read it here.
If you like this style, we’ve been adding products to our farmhouse section on Hallstrom Home. We have cake stands, wood bead garlands, vintage finds, and hand painted items.
Of course I have to show you guys my fave vanilla bean paste! It is way better than extract, you won’t regret your purchase!! Also check out all of my favorite kitchen products here.
Carrot Cupcakes with Sweet Orange Frosting
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Carrot
- 2/3 Cups Oil
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 tsp Orange extract or Substitute with Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the grated carrots and oil.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture. Add the beaten eggs. Stir just until combined.
- Put your liners in the muffin tin. Fill liner about 2/3 full. Bake about 13 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, orange marmalade, orange juice, vanilla, and orange extract. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar until smooth and combined
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them.
I’m definitely going to make these cupcakes. Carrot Cake is Paul’s favorite, so he will enjoy these mini versions in his lunches. Thanks for sharing!! Love ya bunches!! Mom
I’m soooo making those cupcakes! But I always substitute apple butter or cinnamon applesauce for the oil just so I don’t feel as guilty ????
Rhonda Hallstrom says
What a great idea!