Our Favorite Farmhouse Easter Recipes
Are you ever just so busy and need a quick fix for your Easter? I am sharing with you Our Favorite Farmhouse Easter Recipes, they are so delicious and can be made ahead of time!
I just used linens that can be found in my shop, a large lantern and candles for my centerpiece. You can steam the linens or I just spritz some water on the wrinkles and they will disappear themselves.
Prime ribs are so easy!! They just cook for most of the day. This is a yummy recipe.
- 2-6 Bone Prime Rib Boned and Tied
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic Sliced or Minced
Prime Rib Rub
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- Let prime rib sit room temperature for 4 hours.
- Few minutes before cooking, bone and tie the meat (optional)
- Cut 1/2" slits on top of roast, put in garlic.
- Rub roast with olive oil.
- Combine rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Spread on roast.
- Let rest and have oven heat up to 500 degrees F.
- Put roast in roasting pan bone side down.
- Insert thermometer in the center of roast, place in oven.
- Cooking time, 5 minutes per pound.
- After cooking time is up, turn the oven off but DON'T OPEN THE DOOR.
- After 2 hours roast will be 135 degrees F, and medium rare.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
I do love a good potato salad. Perfect on Easter!
- 2 lbs russet potatoes peeled and cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp kosher salt for cooking potatoes
- 2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dice potatoes and place in saucepan. Fill with water cover over 1".
- Boil water medium high.
- Add 1 tbsp salt, reduce heat to medium and simmer. Stir until tender about 8 minutes.
- Drain and transfer back to pot.
- Add vinegar. Toss gently and let sit 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl stir potatoes, celery, mayonnaise, relish, onion, parsley, mustard, rest of salt, pepper, onion powder, eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Easter Deviled Eggs
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan shredded
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Dash Pepper
- 5 carrot chips
- 12 capers
- Cut thin slice on the bottom of each egg, so it sits flat.
- Cut off the top third of each egg.
- Remove yolks and place in bowl, mash with a fork. Add cheese, salad dressing, mustard and pepper.
- Spoon into egg bottoms and set on the cut off tops.
- Cut 12 feet and 12 small triangles form carrot chips.
- Press capers in for eyes and gently place on the beak.
Always have to add a nice, fresh salad.
7 Layer Salad
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 eggs hard boiled sliced
- 1 package bacon cooked and cut into small pieces
- 4 small tomatoes chopped
- 6 green onions tops chopped thin
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Clean and cut ingredients
- Mix dressing and set aside.
- Layer ingredients in order listed.
- Top with dressing.
- Place in refrigerator to chill- 2 to 4 hours.
You can’t have an Easter meal without a jello salad!
Raspberry Jello Salad
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 32 Oz container vanilla yogurt
- 8 oz cool whip thawed
- 1 Package frozen raspberry
- Large bowl combine pudding mix and yogurt.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Fold in raspberries.
Now for the dessert. This is my favorite cake to make! I’ve made it many times for holidays and weddings.
Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 Box Almond Seed Cake Mix
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 2 1/4 cups Water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven 350 degrees F
- Line cake pans with parchment paper* and grease
- Mix the white cake mix, water, oil, and eggs for 2 minutes
- Add poppy seed cake mix into the white and stir until combined** Pour into pans and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cakes completely cool before frosting
- *Line pans with parchment paper or wax paper and grease sides of pan for perfection. This releases the cake from the pan without scraping it. **Mix just until combined. Do not want to over mix
- For Frosting pour 32 oz. whipping cream in bowl
- Add vanilla extract to taste
- Whip until stiff peaks are formed. You can create a filling if you'd like. I just use the frosting as a filling too. To get all 4 layers, you will need to cut the 2, 10" cakes in half.
Here are my fave kitchen products I use in my home! Tell me what your favorite recipes are for Easter. Happy Easter!!